Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Healthy Pasta Salad

We should probably get one thing straight right now...

I am no food blogger.

But I eat food... and I blog... so...

Here's a recipe I had to share! It covers my three favorite parts of a recipe: Easy, Healthy, and YUMMY!



What you need (everything I used is from Trader Joe's!):

- one bag of organic raw spinach from
- one jar of sliced sun dried tomatoes
- one pack of uncured turkey bacon (Trader Joe's has a nitrate/nitrite free bacon that's YUM)
- one pack of organic brown rice quinoa pasta
- one jar Italian vinaigrette dressing

Directions:

While the bacon is cooking (I used my griddle to cook it all at once), chop the whole bag of spinach, chop about half the sundried tomatoes, and go ahead and cook the pasta. Once the bacon is cooked and chilled, chop it as well and just toss everything together in a bowl! Add the dressing and toss again to make sure everything is coated. I used about 3/4 of the jar.

Easy, right?

This pasta salad is gluten-free (except the salad dressing technically), dairy-free, and toddler-approved! It's a balance of protein, greens, and grains.

The flavors are awesome and it's good whether served cool or warm. It's also the perfect dish to make earlier in the day and let it sit in the fridge til dinner time. You can add feta cheese for a fun kick, too!

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

So glad to have discovered your online space~ Love, love, love pasta salad!! :-)

Elizabeth
www.allkindsofthingsblog.com