Monday, December 29, 2014

Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions.

I hate them.

People start talking about them and I start sweating. Making a resolution means possibly breaking a resolution, and for someone who hates failure, this is no fun.

This year I've decided to do something a little different. Rather than make the typical list of "goals" I want to accomplish in the next 365 days, I've been taking time to reflect on this past year and figure out how I want to use what I've learned to make the next year better. Better for me, Better for my family, Better for you, maybe? Probably not but we'll go with it.

So I'm terming the next few days my time to Reflect and Redirect.

Reflect on the past year and see what paths need to be redirected. Here's the list I've come up with so far.....

Do more of what you love

Stay in your lane

Don't compare

Be authentic

Love lavishly

Give generously

Choose JOY

Be silly with the girls

Get in the word daily

Send hand-written notes

Run. Walk. Repeat.

Eat real food.

Over the next few days, I'm going to be sharing my plan for how to actually DO these things in my day to day.

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to share how you plan to make your 2015 look different than 2014. OR maybe how you're so awesome that you're just gonna keep doing what you're doing.

Happy (almost) New Year, friends!

1 comment:

Heather Nelsen said...

Love your list! And your hand written note to me (on YOUR birthday) made my day. :)