Thursday, January 8, 2015

You've Got Mail

First of all, what a great movie. Am I right?

I love mail.

One of my favorite things about Christmas time is all the cards we get from families we know and love. There's just something so wonderful about a letter... not an email or a text. A letter.

I don't know what it is about seeing someones hand writing on a page but it just does something to my heart.

And I love sending letters as much as I love receiving them.

So one of my goals for this year is to send at least two notes a week. That might sound like a lot but it's actually been SO fun to start! I've found one key thing has to take place in order for this to happen. So I wanted to share my thoughts on being a consistent and thoughtful note sender... Not sure a "note sender" is an officially recognized title but we're running with i,t mostly because I've got about fifteen solid minutes to take this blog live before my little peeps begin to stir.

Really all you have to do is....

Make it convenient for yourself.

Part of the reason I've been so scattered about sending mail in the past is because it seemed like such a PAIN to gather everything I needed. That sounds super lazy but you feel me, right? Who has stamps sitting around all the time? And who wants to brave the post office with kids in tow?

But y'all.

I got a SYSTEM and I am loving it. I have a note drawer right by my favorite spot in my kitchen. My note drawer has notes (didn't see that one coming, did ya?), a pen I like (because there for sure are pens I don't like), address book, return address stamp, and stamps. That's it. That's all you need.

We all could very easily take five minutes to put together a thoughtful note to a friend or a family member. This year for me is about disconnecting from devices and reconnecting with people in real life. Creating community by encouraging those that God has placed in my path every day.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have the best Thursday ever!

Laura






No comments: