Monday, April 25, 2016

The Mondays

Hi, Friends!

Happy Monday to you!

Let's talk about this day, shall we? It comes with a lot of mixed reviews. Some people love Mondays because it's a fresh start to the week and a return to your regularly scheduled programming after crazy weekend shenanigans.

Others hate Mondays because they can be blah and mundane. Going back to "work" after the fun of being off since Friday at 5:02 can be such a drag.

I get it.

I don't know about you, but I happen to fall into the camp of loving Monday.

I haven't always felt this way.

I remember years ago when I'd get this feeling... I call it the Sunday Night Sink. Monday Eve hits and the weight of the upcoming weeks starts to ease its way into my mind, distracting my from the blissful weekend.

Then I had an idea.

What if I planned something I could look forward to every Monday? Something I saved especially for this day to give it a bright shiny new appeal. Something to get rid of the sinking feeling for good.

Nowadays, Monday nights mean Bachelor viewing parties with sisters and friends while eating mexican food followed by coconut ice cream.

Take that, Monday blues.

Even when the Bachelor or Bachelorette isn't on, we still get together and watch The Voice, Dancing With the Who the heck is that, or a movie on demand. We don't really care what we do. We just hang out.

Your Monday might look totally different than mine. Maybe you could start treating yourself to your favorite Starbucks treat on the way to work every Monday morning. Or maybe Monday could become family pizza night.

Who says all the fun has to be reserved for the weekend? Spread the love and give Mondays a whole new meaning.

Now what to do about Tuesday...

Here are a few of my favorite things I found over the weekend!

Laura

Hello bag - Kohls $14.99 // Straw hat - J Crew Outlet $14.99 // Zip Up Sandals - Target $24.99



Also, the inside of the bag is blue and white stripes. I repeat:
THE INSIDE OF THE BAG IS BLUE AND WHITE STRIPES.

No comments: