Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Transitioning to Fall

Hey Friends!

I don't know about you, but I am SO ready for fall. As soon as we got back from the beach, I had to hold myself back from pulling out my pumpkin candles and jumping head first into my favorite season.

Unfortunately, we still have a considerable amount of time to suffer in the heat before we can really commit to the new season so I wanted to share a few ideas to keep in mind as you slooooooowly move into cooler temps.

When you're shopping and you come across long sleeve tops, go for the light weight variety and try to find sleeves that will roll up. I love this top from The Loft and the sweet little button up wrist makes it easy to roll up if it gets too warm for the arms to be covered.



I've been seeing light weight cardigans EVERY WHERE recently and I love the look of a v neck tee, cut off shorts, a cardi, and booties. It's casual yet put together.

I really like the look of the longer kimono style cardi with cut offs... How sweet is this one...




Speaking of booties.... We were, weren't we? Buy all. of. them. You can wear them now with everything. Shorts. Pants, Dresses, Rompers. There's no limit! These are part of the Nordstrom sale and I just think they're the cutest!


If you're not feeling like you are ready for long sleeves and sweaters (even lighter weight), then it's ok to still buy sleeveless this late into the summer. Or even better... go for the three quarter length sleeve like this cutie I got from The Loft.


 If you want it to last you through the fall just find tops that don't have flutter sleeves so they can be worn under a denim jacket or (you guessed it) a CARDIGAN! I prefer to layer with sleeveless tops in the Fall since long sleeves can get bunchy and the state of Georgia offers no guarantees on whether or not cooler temps are here to stay when they arrive. Can you say 80 degrees in October? Not ok, Georgia. Not. Ok.

Another thing to keep in mind is color choice. Steer clear of the fluorescent summer hues in favor of warmer color pallets like mustard yellow, cranberry, navy, and my personal favorite, olive green. All the heart eyes for anything olive!

Thanks for stopping by, friends! Do you have any other tips for how you transition your wardrobe from late Summer to Fall? Would love to hear!


Laura





No comments: