Thursday, September 29, 2016

Style Simplified










Chambray Top - J CREW || Black Denim - NORDSTROM || 
Black Flats - FOREVER 21 || Statement Necklace - J CREW



I have a tendency to over complicate things.

It took me a solid five minutes to figure out how to begin this blog post.

The struggle is real.

I do the same thing with what I wear every day. It honestly doesn't matter whether I'm just running around town with the girls or going out on a date with Matt, I have been known to just stand and stare at my clothes hoping something will jump out and inspire me.

I've just always felt that in order to create a great style, I had to have a loud mix of colors and patterns.

Not long ago, I got so frustrated with this process that I started trying to really focus more on styling the simplest of outfits that still feel put together.

The idea of just wearing chambray with black denim sounds super uninspired. I'm technically wearing denim from head to toe. But just keep in mind that simple does not have to equal boring.

Simple is just simple. I'ts chic. It's polished. It's not fussy and doesn't take much to accomplish.

So don't be afraid to simplify.

Happy Friday, loves!

Laura




No comments: