Monday, May 23, 2016

Building Basics

Hi, friends!

Normally on the Monday after vacation, I'd be trying to keep myself from feeling super bummed out due to the lack of beach life and return to normal life....

BUT

This is no ordinary Monday.

Y'all! It's Bachelorette Monday! I'm so excited! We will for sure be having a viewing party tonight that will include Mexican food and coconut ice cream. Can't wait!

For today's post, I wanted to share this super fun and flattering embroidered top. It's under $20 and is one of my favorite finds of the summer so far. I paired it with some black skinny jeans that I cuffed at the bottom. Speaking of skinny jeans, did you know that H&M carries a line of skinnies that are $9.99? I have had mine in the dark denim and the black denim for two years now and they're still holding up great!







Now onto some of the basics I think every girl needs in her closet. These items will help to pull you out of the "I have nothing to wear" rut because they are versatile and practical. So you can dress them up for a date night or dress them down for running errands.

Maybe if you're like me, you don't love buying basics because they're kind of boring. But the problem with only buying loud pattern statement pieces is that once you've worn them once, it's easy to get bored with it. This is what gives you the feeling of looking at a closet full of clothes and still feeling entirely uninspired.

Enter the basics. 

1. Chambray button down

2. White skinny jeans

3. Black loose fitting tank

4. Distressed cut off shorts

5. Leather cross body

6. Brown leather sandals

7. White v neck t shirt

8. Denim jacket

9. A favorite watch

10. Boyfriend crop jeans


If you've followed me on insta for a minute or two, you've seen these items on repeat. Once you realize how you can layer these items and create totally different looks just by adding the right statement jewelry and accessories, you'll begin to see the value. 

So step away from the statement pieces just long enough to get some of these foundational pieces in your closet. 

Hope you have a super Monday! Tune in on Wednesday for my Bachelrotte recap and then later in the week for a rundown of our little family vacation.

Laura






















No comments: