Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Favorites

It's Friday!

Hooray!

Matt is taking me out to celebrate Mother's Day tonight and I am so excited. Pretty sure we are gonna throw it back old school and go eat at our favorite steak house we used to go to for special events in college. They have the most delicious rolls on the face of the planet. So what else could you want?

Today I wanted to share a few things that I'm loving right now...

First up?!

These shorts! I have been HUNTING a pair of shorts like these and every time I saw what looked to be the right pair, they were like $90. I just can't spend $90 on ripped up denim. I just can't. Target had my back and had these distressed cut offs in stores this week. I almost didn't even try them on because they were high rise and when I read high rise, I usually translate to "wedgy". But I sized up a size planning to wear these at my waist and they're so perfect. Not to mention they were under $25. That's what I'm talking about.



This smoothie... 

Recipe:
8 oz water
1 cup raw spinach
1/2 avacado
1 banana
1 cup frozen mango
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 TBS coconut oil
1 TBS collagen protein (see below)

It is like a tropical oasis in a cup and it's GOOD FOR YOU. I'm not kidding. It's the best.




OK so speaking of collagen protein... we were kind of, right? I add it to all my smoothies and it has a ton of health benefits. You can't taste it. It dissolves easily. And just LOOK at some of the health benefits:
  • regulates metabolism
  • enhances the body's ability to repair connective tissue 
  • supports healthy cell function
I mean, you had me at "regulates metabolism" but it's also made my hair and nails stronger and has cleared up my skin. So I'd say it's a winner. I love this kind from amazon.


Last, but not least, I want to share my absolute favorite tank top ever in the history of the world. It's so soft but still pretty sturdy. It fits like a dream and it comes in a bunch of different colors.



That's it for today! I hope you have an amazing Mother's Day weekend!!

Laura


No comments: