Monday, August 8, 2016

Mom Style

Happy Monday!

I've been seeing so many pictures of little ones heading back to school and I just can't believe it's already time! Reese is staying home this year and I'm torn up enough that she starts ballet today. I think if she were heading off to school, you could find me rocking in the fetal position. #someoneholdme

Now that we're back to the grind, it means that I find myself in an even bigger hurry to get ready in the morning. I have found that planning ahead a little and padding my "Momiform" options helps in the daily dress process.

Here are a few things I find myself reaching for on the regular:







A great variety of denim is necessary for me. I have dark denim skinnies, distressed skinnies, boot cut, crop, and of course my go to white jeans. If there's one thing worth investing in, it's an awesome pair of jeans, Since I wear my jeans OUT, I never feel guilty about investing in awesome jeans. If you have the right pant selection, you won't feel as tempted to reach for the yoga pants when you have no intention of going to yoga. The key is the right fit!


I like feeling put together but I don't like feeling fussy. Layering is key to making this happen. I wear my denim jacket all the time but when it feels a little heavy to wear or to even have around my waist, I love using a flannel button down to add some interest and a slight pop of color. In the fall, these are my favorite throw on items especially with jeans and booties.


I have two pair of running around shoes: My converse and my Nikes. I have "workout" shoes but I really only like wearing them if I'm working out. I guess you could call these other options my athleisure shoes (it's a THING, I promise!). These grey nikes (see below) are literally the most comfortable shoes I own! I love them.

I like dry shampoo as much as the next girl but at some point, it just doesn't cut it for me. It's during these times of distress that I reach for my favorite baseball cap and breathe a sigh of relief. My sister has the cutest LA Dodgers hat that I love borrowing, too! You don't have to be a fan of the team to be able to appreciate their good taste in logo design and hat structure.

If you're anything like me, then you know it's not realistic to be dressed and put together every day. But one of the problems most people have with their wardrobe is that there's nothing in between bum around clothes and date night clothes. You gotta have some of these basic staples to be able to put together the right mom life look.

I've linked my outfit details below! I hope you have an awesome day and THANK YOU for stopping by!!

Laura

No comments: